Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Press and Pull

It's been crazy at Girya lately with an onslaught of new clients and calls for sessions and training slots. So much that I have actually taken to working later to accomodate the new students. Make hay when the sun shines, eh?

But the only problem that working later means is that my training gets pushed back even more and training intensity and duration end up suffering as a result. I get up at 4 am and go straight through with hour long clients til 12 or 1 pm and THEN I have to get going to push myself in my training.I know ,know, high quality problems but the reality is I only have so much energy these days and training hard and intensely takes, well energy and focus. Lots of it.

And,after teaching, demo'ing and talking kbs for 7 straight hours the thought of pushing kbs hard for myself at the end is well, not easy.Especially when my body rarely wants to cooperate.

Plus now that my eating schedule is back on USA time I'm freaking hungry. Mt warrior diet fat burning enzymes are no longer in demand so I want lunch,lol.

Oh well, to bad so sad. Get er done. Only had 45 min so this is better than nothing

Double clean and press
2 12 kg x8
2 16 kg x 8 x 3 sets

Did these as type of a gs style tempo press and idea I got after watching this video:

It intrigued me as whether I could do the movement like this and how it would feel. I even did the drop the same way as well as the reverse breathing. It was pretty easy and I will play at it more when I have more time. For some reason though it just seems like my endurance days are done,lol.

One thing I did notice was that the absence of any negative on the press definitely would affect lat usage.

One arm clean and press

20 kg x5/5
24 kg x4/4
28 kg x2/2 ( easy)
24 kg x4/4
20 kg x 5/5

These were surprisingly strong and easy and solid. nice.


KB Sumo Deads
28 kg x 8
32 kg x8
36 kg x 8
40 kg x8
44 kg x8

felt great, next week on elevated plates for more depth.

datsit. two hand swings tomorrow am at 6

3 comments:

jockeRKC said...

Did the lats work more or lees a+in that style of dropping when you pressed?

Mark Reifkind said...

jockerkc

less. when you just let the bell drop you don't "pull" the bell with the lats.

jockeRKC said...

Thats what i fell to =)

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...