Saturday, August 21, 2010

Snatch workout, garage gym style.

AS I wrote in a recent post, I need to go back to a slower, heavier style of swing and snatch training; at least until my work capacity comes back up and then I can think about doing fast snatch training again.

When I was my most successful with max vo2 work ( 80 sets of 8) I was swinging the 32 kg for lots of sets and reps and or snatching the 24 kg On Saturdays as my meat and potatoes workout of the week. My squat day, if you will.

When I went to doing max on saturday my heavy day got lost and I think that, among other things, made my mx vo2 training less than productive. Not training my heavier, slower groove and just trying to move fast made my snatch groove less than optimal and not finding time to really train the swing didn't help either.

Of course my press took off in this time and you can't have everything; at least not similtaneously so now it's back to basics. At least my basics. Swinging on Thursday set the stage and Nick was VERY happy NOT to be doing max vo2. He does it but he hates it.

30 minute stretch out

Swing warmup

two hand swing into one arms
16 kg x5/5/5/ x3
20 kg x5/5/5 x2


Snatch
16 kg x5/5x2
20 kg x 5/5x2

24 kgx 5/5 x 7 sets
20 kg x5/5 x 3 sets

Finally! I'm snatching the 24 kg again! Almost 100 reps and I could have pushed it to get the 100 but I thought better of it and switched to the 20 kg. no problem. So good not to be on the clock,lol.

Clubbell shield cast
10 lbx10/10 x2
15 lbx5/5 x 2

these still bother my left triceps. cut it off.

Datsit. Back on track

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...