Saturday, September 01, 2007

Getting ready for the cert.


The start of the Grad workout.April 2007


Next week at this time I will on the field in Minnesota working with an incredible group of people( both instructors and students) at the RKC. This is a special one for me as last Septembers cert was when I became a Sr. RKC. and man things have just gotten better each month since then. In a physical as well as business way and I am blessed.This community is so good and it keeps getting better.Good things are coming and having a cert in my back yard in February and then getting to go teach in Denmark in May is exciting stuff.
So I am in charge of a swing ladder workout next week and I decided to do the one I did last September, a 200 rep,ten minute uphill ladder.One arm swings.
People will partner up and it will be an ' I go, you go' situation.200 reps, ten minutes.

I didnt want to go that fast today so I decided to do it twice through; just to make sure I can hang next week.People who are going to the cert and are reading this you can't say you weren't warned.
This is in honor of Enter the Kettlebells snatch rite of passage: 200 snatches in ten minutes. These arent snatches but it ain't easy either. Especially up hill ladders.

One Arm swings
16kgx5/5/5/5x3

24kg
10/10
12/12
14/14
16/16
18/18
20/20
10/10 twice through.
400 reps
21,200 lbs.

These felt great and my foot position held perfectly. Once I got my feet set everything else just fell into place and I could completely concentrate on producing force and maximally acclerating.Wind was fine. each round took 20 minutes to complete so it was slow but thats what I wanted. Monday is 36 sec snatch sets for 20 sets.First time for the original max vo2 protocol.

Snatch holds
24 kgx 60 sec x 3 sets

the last set of these felt the best position for my right shoulder that I have ever felt. I got totally locked in and felt the link from foot to hand. Standing flat on my feet on this move as well has helped big time too.good stuff but I am beat! I maintained good speed all the way through the 400 reps and I was happy about that as well ,but it definitely tires me out!

datsit, gotta stretch,

16 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I know the cert will be fun. Wish i could be there.

Aaron Friday said...

You're going to make them swing the 24 like that? You are the devil.

Mark Reifkind said...

yah, if they can handle it.just one cycle though.less rest.

Aaron Friday said...

I hope to God they prepared for this cert. That workout is not for the unprepared.

Christine said...

Oi! Everytime I turn around you're going to a cert!

Mark Reifkind said...

christine,

I'll be going to 4-5 each year now. its great,like I used to feel about going to powerlifting meets.

Mark Reifkind said...

aaron,

yes they better be prepared. and the swing workout is the least of it.

Aaron Friday said...

Like I said, you are the devil. I hope to make it to the grad workout and cheer them on.

Mark Reifkind said...

a good time will be had by all :))

Geoff Neupert said...

Rif--your not supposed to give away the workouts in public--it's like giving away parts of a movie! ;]

Mark Reifkind said...

well I could always change my mind,lol.

BJ Bliffert said...

Rif, Kori and I are waking up early sunday morning and making the drive up to listen to Craig Ballantine and then watch the grad work out. We have a buddy going through cert, it should be interesting.

Pete said...

Rif,
Looking forward to seeing you at the Cert and training with everyone! It will be different looking in as an assistant instructor instead of being a "victim". :)

Pete

Mark Reifkind said...

bj,

great that I will see you guys and the grad workout is ALWAYS interesting, lol.

pete,
cant wait to see you man and yes being an assistant will be alot more fun than a 'victim',lol.

Taikei Matsushita said...

I kind of like envied you and Chris Brown (your assistant) drinking beer the night before third day June RKC.
Victims can't.

Well anyway. I'll be back for RKC II next year.

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...