Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Back to Kono :225 ( almost) 215, 205 x 1 x 6, 20 kg swings pushdowns



 I had a feeling this might work. But I've had that feeling before

But  this time was solid

The idea was this: the only thing I know works is hip drive forward at the start and stay on the X

Starting in that position is not  working and getting into it dynamically has to be perfect

I tried to keep my hips too forward at the start and that made the bar go forward

SO:

Oly Shoe
Wide stance
Closer grip, index on start of smooth
Hips forward to get under bar, elbows slightly up
Spot X 
Unrack. Lock knee and stay on X
Kono technique start:
push back, hips forward and press up all SIMULTANEOUSLY

155, 175 and 195 FLEW



205 also flew!


told myself earlier if 205 went I'd do straight to 225 so I did, Just change tho not plates
This was SO close. I see I had didn't lock out enough on unracking but the rest of the technique held and the bar launched!
then 215 SO SOLID


then 6 sets of 205 with just two getting the timing wrong of all three simultaneously but man I was under the rest




then 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8

light pushdowns 3 x 20, 18 15

BW 176.6  !
BF 14.7

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have followed your blog for awhile now .. I was curious though if you could expand on your swing progression? How do you determine the volume & progression scheme? I have a few of the old "Strength Matters" manuals that touch on it a little, but doesn't offer a ton of specifics, thanks!

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...