Monday, May 01, 2023

225 miss x 2, 217.5 miss x 2 205 x 1x 4

 All solid misses and so close

It's amazing to me now how much I have to vary the technique  by the absolute level of the weight. that is, I cant arch back anywhere near as much with 225 as I can with 205 and get away  with it. This is especially true at 215 and up

Another thing I realized is that I thought my unrack didn't really matter much as long as I hip shifted forward before I pressed but it seems to.

I still have to unrack with the hips in front of the bar and THEN load the bow before the press call. all the best lifts today  demonstrated that although by accident

The idea today was to unrack then shift hips forward AND back at the same time ( pretty much old "load the bow" technique) but load the bow until I saw the X. This worked well until I unracked it sloppily with my torso coming up too much and my hip shift wasn't enough. I had re arranged the geometry too much

My four down sets with 205 though were pretty much perfect

this warmup 205 was ok. take  off was ok but didn't re drive the hips enough at mid point to have speed to lockout

I jumped from 205 to two plates and this is where  I got sloppy with the take off. Not keeping my hips in front and shifting my COM BACK too much and although I had a decent bow it wasn't enough
I took it again and did even worse with the take up causing knee bend and a lower finishing point. Ack

then to 217.5 and this is was decent but my left shoulder got wonky and the weight shifted and I missed. But the setup was actually decent

the next attempt wasnt too bad but knee bend at start and didn't maintain hip forward
then  four  pretty much perfect singles with 205



Moral of the story? 
ITS ALL ABOUT THE  HIPS

SET UP  WITH THE HIPS  IN FRONT AND ASCEND STRAIGHT UP

THEN HIPS PUSH FORWARD AS SHOULDERS ARCH BACK

AFTER PAUSE SIGNAL DRIVE HIPS FORWARD HARD AND AGAIN AT STICKING POINT


laterals and rear delts 3 x 8 20's

band pushdowns up to 10 with  purple red and black


BW 176.4

BF 14.0

W 57.2

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...