Wednesday, May 03, 2023

185 x 2 x 5 195 x 2 x 5, 20 kg swings, pushdowns

 Experimented a lot today and really got things dialed in

First, I changed my grip back to wrapping the thumb. I'm figuring the moment arm on this lift favors the delts not the triceps so I gave it a go and it worked great. This way  I can also keep the bar high on the chest where it seems to want to go naturally and not roll around

Second I tried one setting the arch then spotting the X and NOT shifting the hips forward more and that seemed better but Glenn like the shift so I went back and forth for two sets with 185 and NOT shifting after the set up was better. Too hard to control exactly where and what the shoulders did the other way.

Then I realized that the reason I was losing my balance on the second reps is that I'm not coming down in exactly the same place as the first rep so went back to two singles. Both paused . Much better AND harder with the second reps really mimicking a heavy rep

SO ITS:

1) SET THE  ARCH AND LOCK IN ON THE X

2) UNRACK STRAIGHT UP

3) DRIVE  HIPS FORWARD AT PRESS CALL

4 ) RE DRIVE HIPS AT STICKING POINT

175 X 2 X 2  1st rep pause second touch and go

185 x 2 x 5 sets 


195 x 2 x 5 last two sets were two paused singles
then 20 kg one arm swings 4 x 8/8

Band pushdowns 3 x 12 red and purple 

BW 176.4
BF 14.5

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...