Wednesday, May 10, 2023

205 x 1p x 10 sets, 20 kg swings , pushdowns

 This went really well. Ended up only "missing" the 9th  set by losing balance at the top and wanting to finish on a good rep. was planning for 8 but this is a PR

My misses were when I didn't start the rep with hip drive first but pushed against the bar too much. But just two reps or so

Had Glenn give me longer than usual pauses and that was much harder. Also showed me that I have to keep my hips actively forward before I re drive them for the start. Or, I fall back a bit

This (205) is the lightest weight I can use that requires the same timing and technique of 225. this has to be my Wednesday training weight. This showed it. 91% of goal weight

CUES

WIDE STANCE

HIPS IN FRONT

SPOT THE X

STRAIGHT UP HIPS FORWARD

DRIVE HIPS

IMMEDIATELY  DRIVE HIPS AGAIN





20 kg swings 5 x 8/8

light band pushdown
3 x 15  red and purple

BW 176.8
BF 14.5

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...