Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Solid press technique day 175/185 x 2 x 8 sets, 24 kg swings, wt pushups

 Very good session. Got almost everything right and things moved very well

Took the weight off with my arms well. Locked in quickly ( although I still layed back a bit too much ) and, most importantly, paused strongly before starting the press and it worked well.

Also, set my grip with torque and man did that seem to help. Have lots more to explore with this idea.

What is next is when I unrack the bar just freeze, then pause for tension, then press. Even the slightest layback then lower the bar which I don't want. I do this more on the second rep than  the first here



When I freeze well there is less knee movement at the start. Just have to remember to really lay back hard when I do and get under the weight  at that point. Not try to do it in stages

Press

4 sets of 2 with 175
4 sets of 2 with 185

24 kg swing 5 x 8/8

wt pushups
3 x 10 with 53

BW 176.6
BF 16.1 !!

1 pm
176.6
11.2 ( bath and hydrating )
58.5

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2