Monday, May 11, 2015

85 lb Military press,16 kg KB press, Barbell hacks, floor pushups, sled, rear delts

Today goes to show you just never know how you'll do going into a workout by how you feel beforehand.
I felt great all morning. Shoulders, back knees, energy. everything. I even turned down a shoulder adjustment by the PT because everything was feeling so good I didn't want to mess it up.
But as soon as I started to warmup for the workout my back got tight, and my shoulders were even tighter!
WTF?!

Definitely wasn't expecting that but it was a good thing I had planned to do down in weights as there really was not that much choice. Have no idea where this came from but I just went with it
As if I had a choice :)
It wasn't hard pushing the weight but it was tough fighting my own body!

Military press
 stick x 5 x 3
45 x 5 x 2
65 x 5 x 2
75 x 5
85 x 5 x 5

Once I got to the work weight things started to feel much better but still a very weird  switch

Kb Mil Press
16 kg x 5 x 3

just had to try it :) The old groove didn't work at all but a variation of my military press actually felt pretty good. Still, as tight as I was today it wasn' the best day to do this but I wanted to see.

Barbell hacks
35 x 15
55 x 12 x 5

these felt very good on the legs and nothing on the back

Floor pushups
20
18
15
13

66 reps

these felt like shit. Shoulders and triceps very tired and the left shoulder started clunking on the second set after 15. Definitely have peaked with these and time to back off

Hip Sled
105 x 250 ft x 4 laps

felt like molasses! definitely leg tired.

Band rear delts ( red)
3 sets of 12

ok time to rest and stretch up as it's 16 min of swings on wed!

datsit
neverquit


No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...