Wednesday, May 27, 2015

32 kg StrengthMatters swing test accomplished! 200 reps/ 10 minutes



This is just freaking awesome.  Both Glenn and I, following the same training program, accomplished the swing test today with no issues. We were on track to do another 20 minute 24 kg set but decided we might as well go ahead and test this now, in case it wasn't really working and our plan wouldn't translate.
But it was and it did.

LONG day yesterday and not the best sleep. Worked hard at not thinking about this all morning. Was almost successful.
I anticipated that the test would be much like the last 5 minutes of a 20 minute 24 kg workout and it was just about that.
The first five minutes were not bad and the last five were pretty much as miserable as the 20 minute workout.
Grip was fine the whole time, as was the lower back
I did however slip into double breathing around the five minute mark; moving that much weight that fast takes a lot of oxygen but my back was fine. I just sound like a wounded rhino :)

32 kg Swing test
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
24 kg x 5/5

32 kg x 10 x 20 sets
200 reps
14,000 lbs work

Pass!

it is nice when a plan comes together.

Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps NO stopping on second lap

harder than usual given what we just did.

Horiz pushups
20
20
15
12

67 reps

shoulders a bit tired now too

Db rear delt
15 lbs x  3 set 15

perfect finisher

short and fast ruck tomorrow
SO glad to have gotten this thing DONE. Big weight off my shoulders


datsit
NEVERquit

2 comments:

Kettlebell Courage Corner Seattle WA said...

Congrats Mark. Well done. That is outstanding.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Chris I am pretty proud of myself. And Glenn

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...