Monday, May 04, 2015

110 Lb Military press 3x4, 1x5 pr,Goblet squat, Floor pushups 20 rep pr, sled, laterals


Wow another very strong press day. Shoulder felt good going in and waved between backing off today or pushing through another week "up". It's been three weeks in a row of loading, from 80lb -90, then to 100, then to 110 last week. This would make it four and that should be the max regardless, so as usual I played it by ear.

Warmups felt good so I made some bigger jumps but also as usual I felt best towards the very end. Takes me forever to warmup

Military Press
stick x 5 x 2
45 lb x 5 x 2
65 x 5
75 x 3
85 x 4
105 x 4
110 x 4 x 3 sets pr
        x 5!! rep pr!
First rep,as usual was the toughest then once I got the groove I could grind. Have to be more aggressive on unracking it and use my lats even more.If I don't I feel the left tricep/shoulder taking the load and that bugs the bicep tendon as well.
If I really arch from the get go and flex my lats it makes all the difference, just like in my bench press
Have to get the weight on the lats immediately.

Next week is back off week no matter what!

Goblet squat
20 kg x 5
24 kg x 5
28 kg x 5
32 kg x 5

again this is too much about arms and not about legs. Time to ditch the iso squats on sunday and go back to 2 kb front squats here. The iso squats are harder than the goblets!

Floor pushups
4 x 20 reps! PR
haven't done this before!
80 reps

Sled
105 lbs x 250 ft x 4 laps
really feeling the glutes on these lately!

One arm rear delt
3 x 12 with 15 lbs

boring but necessary

One day off then 13 min swing set on wednesday. That should be a break!

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...