Wednesday, May 20, 2015

24 kg Swing Vo2 18 min,Walking lunges,Parallel bar pushups, kb row

kb design by Rannoch Donald

I was very confident going into this workout and my confidence was rewarded.This was a very very strong effort- no problem at all. I was easily able to find the flow, to really link into the speed and momentum of the kettlebell and work with it to maximize my speed and power - over and over.

A big key to this is keeping the bell speed high, and for that you have to really keep the speed of the backswing high, which means NOT resisting the eccentric rep and pushing it as hard as you can without that effort slowing you down.

My groove was solid and other than a little lower back tightness ( lots of demos today too) everything was easy and the tightness resolved itself mid way through. The last set was literally the best set; the fastest and  most powerful. Perfect.

I also was in a very good mind space not getting ahead of myself at all not getting freaked out by the time left at all and not worried about getting the reps in at 15 seconds but really being able to focus on almost every small aspect of the technique to maximize speed and power.

I also think all the rucking is paying off too , as my actual aerobic base is as high as it's been in 20 years. I know that is helping

Swing Vo2
24 kg
36 sets of 10
18 min
360 reps
19,080 lbs work

 Walking lunges
4 laps of 40 steps and NO stopping mid lap. first time ever for all four sets. There are ways to make personal bests without going faster or further or adding weight :) Just do it better.

Parallel pushups
21
21
15
13

70 reps

have to push this one day just to get the total reps up to 85+ soon no matter how many sets it takes

Kb rows
24 kg x 8/8
          x 9/9
           x 10/10

these are strong too. shoulder feels fine after a solid adjustment yesterday from Mark and ready to ruck tomorrow!

datsit
Neverquit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...