Monday, May 25, 2015

95 lb Barbell Mil Press,36 kg belt squat, Floor pushups ( pr), sled pull, kb rows

All gave some, some gave all .

After taking the week off bar presses last week I wasn't sure what to expect today. The shoulders have been feeling very good and I have been able to replicate Mark's adjustment with a jump stretch band so I it's been " in the socket" a lot lately. that's good. Got a full one hour stretchout this morning and have been doing lots of overhead hangs too and they have been feeling better than ever.

My gut tells me my body is squaring up, finally, after almost two years since my TKR. It just feels that way.
I am also playing with  getting into a hollow position when I hang overhead trying to pull my ribs back under me more. It seems to  give me a bit more OH ROM as well as relieve even more pressure on the shoulder.

Barbell Military press
45 x 5 x 2 ( NO stick warmup today)
65  x 5
75 x 5
85 x 5
95 x 5 x 5!! this was VERY strong and solid, even the overhead!

Belt squats
 36 kg x 10, 12, 14, 15

these were strong

Floor pushups
4 sets of 20 PR! Bang, just like that. Very easy could have done more! I can see being able to do a set of 50 reps soon.

Hip sled
105 x 250 ft x 3 laps

tough finisher as always but got it done. only did three as we are testing with the 32kg in the StrengthMatters swing test on wednesday and wanted to leave a little in the tank. ( like it will make a difference )

KB rows
22 kg x 3 sets of 10

strong here too.!

ok day off and we test. This should tell us a lot about our training and if we are on course or have to change course :)
I'm predicting STRONG. :)

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...