Saturday, May 30, 2015

48 kg One Arm Swings 160 reps ( PR) 32 kg Goblet squat, Parallel pushups ( PR) Kb rows



Had really NO idea how this would go today. I was still feeling run down after Wednesday's swing test and thursday's ruck. Glutes and legs were just TIRED. But my back and hands felt fine so, as usual, I thought I would  just start and see how it went.
I was ready to bail at any minute if I thought at all there was a risk for injury. I wasn't sure if Wednesday was my peak or not and I certainly don't want to 'fall off'.
But it wasn't, today was and it went GREAT!

The absolute best I have ever swung the 48 kg.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 4/4
28 kg x 3/3
32 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 3/3
48 kg x 6/6 x 12
          x 8/8
160 reps PR
16,960 lbs!!!

fucking awesome. AND it wasn't that hard AND I transferred on both hands and alternated start arms each set. This is new for the last two times and looks like I am balanced and strong enough to do it all the time now.
I decided to break the total pr on the last set as well. another sets of 6/6 would have given us 156 reps two below the all time pr and I was feeling too strong not to go for it. No problem
Most excellent.



Goblet squats
These went very well but as usual not enough work for the legs and too much work for already tired shoulders and upper arms
Joe suggested some kind of one legged squat and I think I will play around with that; a supported pistol or bulgarian split squat or something. It's a good idea. My left leg still has some catching up to do, size wise with the right.

24 kg x 3
28 kg x 3
32 kg x 3

Parallel bar pushups
30 !!! PR
23
20

73 total reps

this was GREAT! Haven't done 30 reps in many many years. No problem!
Shoulders just got unstable and started clunking on the last two sets or I would have done more.
no complaints.

Kb row
20kg x 8/8 x 3

Just tired now but very happy!


Regular ruck tomorrow, can't wait! It feels so good to feel good AND be in shape again.:)

datsit
neverquit


No comments:

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...