Sunday, August 18, 2024

40 kg swings 25 x 6, 40 kg belt squat 3 x 10 , air squat 1 x 16 (non lock) pistols 3 x 2/2, chicken wings, pullaparts

 This was a good one but a tough one; my first since my cortisone shot for my trigger thumb. Thumb is definitely better but I was distracted by it and with these weights it's always dicey to  be distracted in any way

Didn't hurt anything but low back was tighter than I like right  after. Partly as I tried using my older quad dominant style. It won't work with these big bells. I  have to use hips not just quads to offset the weight

Now I know

Once I got warmed up all was good

25 sets in 30 min seems about the norm now. can't see going faster actually

pistols
 172.2

No comments:

185 x 1 x 6, 195 x 1 x 6, 20 kg swings 5 x 5/5, floor pushups 30, 30,20

 This went very well. really focused on holding the lockout better and that went overall well Two things, one, I have to be in perfect balan...