Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Low bar press redux, 195 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 6, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 This went very well. Started out as   'understood' load the bow concept( leaf spring) of setting up with the hips in front and then arcing back but after the first two sets with 195 I realized having the bar right  under my clavicle was making it harder.

Last time I used low bar press was also the first time I ever made 225 and then the next week with two plates. BUT it failed as I was holding the bar too low and couldn't consistently get the same position

Today I just lowered the bar from the clavicle just 1.5 inches or so and it worked really well. 

Cues

1) low bar rack position

2) slow, hips in front of bar set up/ spot the X

3) Unrack STRAIGHT  UP WITH HIPS FORWARD

4) Arc back and STAY ON X

5) Press to X










BW 176.2 at workout time!

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2