Monday, December 05, 2022

215 miss, 225 miss, 220 miss then 205 x 3 x 1 and then 215 x 1! crazy day

 Man this is frustrating but again it seems like I figured out another piece of the puzzle. Not mechanics this time but timing

The pieces all fit but I was not driving my hips as I did the touch and go and turns out I HAVE TO in order for it to work 

I was purposely just trying to keep the legs locked but I need that simultaneous bar lauch and hip drive to re center my COM during the press. I think this is known as the KONO technique . I'm an idiot



Press

195 x 1 easy because it's light and I didn't need the big hips

then 205 which was slower than expected. again no hips
then a 215 miss backwards as the added weight and no forward hip drive pushed me off balance
went up to 225 for TWO misses. along the same lines
thought it was a speed issue so went down to 220 and missed same way
then back to 205 which were ok with no hips until the third set where I figured it out ( thanks Glenn!)

Decided to stress test it and went to 215 and made it! not a great lockout I was tired by now
then finished off with this 205 which was solid too
then wt pushups  3 x 10 53 lbs

laterals/ rear delts 3 x 8/8  15s

BW 175.2
BF 14.3

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Another steady but slow one. Not bad at all but no records set. legs still heavy 45lbs 9 laps 4.5 miles 1:30 min lots of little shake out b...