Thursday, December 15, 2022

GoRuck rucker pack and weight plates 3 mile ruck 45 lbs


 Ok , so this was a  total surprise. Decided to see whether the 30 lb weight plate fit in tracy's 20L rucker pack and it did. But another 10 lb weight plate in the sleeve this am ( 5 am) to see how it would feel. With no "bottom" square to sit on I got pulled all the way to the bed to get it on and pulled some posterior rib meat a bit. right  under the scapula Nothing big  but NOT the way to start the day. 

Changed my mind and put the 10 lb sand pill in the bottom instead and it felt better.
Very weird with no hip belt too

When it was time to ruck the left scap was still talking to me so I was a bit leery of all this newness. But as soon as I hit the street I could tell right away it was going to be ok.

Good even

But I didn't think great. Which it was

45 lbs has never felt so light on my back and with the weight so close to my spine AND so high up the torso my legs and hips were much more free to move easier and more naturally. As if I didn't have a ruck on, was fast walking!

And my .5 mile lap times started out and 8:30 easy and got faster. Last two laps were 7:50 and not that hard Very happy with this

I was going to buy a hip belt but I don't think I'll do it yet

We'll see after Sundays 4.5 or 5 mile ruck

VERY   excited about this new phase of my walking journey.

45 lbs Rucker
6 laps
3 miles 
50 min

BW 175.2
BF 14.1


No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Another steady but slow one. Not bad at all but no records set. legs still heavy 45lbs 9 laps 4.5 miles 1:30 min lots of little shake out b...