Wednesday, December 14, 2022

185 x 3 x 1, 195 x 3 x 1,200 x 3 x 1, 24 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups

 This went very very well. Went back to the Adidas lower heel shoe, stayed with the false grip and really focused on getting my hips in front of the bar on the set, starting the lift with the hips and keeping them there trough the sticking point.

Worked well. Had to slow WAY down and make sure I was set before starting. Stay focused on the X

Cues:

1) hips in front of bar on setup

2) Spot X

3) Unrack with hips in front with glutes

4) Drive hips forward to start press then lay back immediately. Stay on X

185 x 3 x 1

195 x 3 x 1
200 x 3 x 1
the big realization is that I have to start with lift with forward HIP drive  and NOT LEGS! If I think legs my knees bend

If I think hips I have a better chance of keeping the knees locked and keeping my  COM under the bar as I lockout

I also have to layback as soon as I start the hips or I'll be too vertical regardless of hip angle and end up pushing the bar forward.

Cannot rush the start, regardless of the outcome

24 kg swings

5 x 8/8  solid today. Big swing day Sat

Floor pushups
2 sets of 50  strong

BW 175.8
BF 14.5

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Another steady but slow one. Not bad at all but no records set. legs still heavy 45lbs 9 laps 4.5 miles 1:30 min lots of little shake out b...