Monday, December 19, 2022

215,220( almost)215, 205 x 4 x 1, 85 lb wt pushups,laterals

 Today put the cap on a solid three days of training. The best three days I've had in quite awhile. While not perfect today's presses were strong and consistent

Even realized that if I let the bar rest higher on my  clavicle( where it wants to go anyway, and where it goes naturally on rep sets) it makes getting and keeping my hips forward much easier and more natural to do

Almost creates a 'reflex' to push the hips forward. Or, fall back from the start

freezin' in the garage and I was a bit stiff so early sets ( over 135) were a bit off but otherwise the groove was good

195 x1

205 was ok but let knees give a bit
215 was solid but not fast
220 was also solid but not quite fast enough to get me through to the lockout. BUT it was in the groove and technically correct so I'm happy I can see it now on review that I moved from the knees  instead of the hips. Keep glutes tighter and move from the hips and that will go easy. Plus I don't think I had yet setttled on the higher neck position. That helps set the hips
thought about taking it again but glenn talked me into 215 instead. good call better than the warmup
then a good 205 downset, a miss on second set just not setting hips enough, then 3 more good sets

then weighted pushups
bw x 10
53 x 10
85 x 6 x 2

this is necessary

laterals rear delts 3 x 8/8 with 15s

BW 174.8 !

BF 14.5

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Another steady but slow one. Not bad at all but no records set. legs still heavy 45lbs 9 laps 4.5 miles 1:30 min lots of little shake out b...