Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Standing press 135 -180 x 4, 24 kg snatch, laterals



Thought this was going to be easier. Perhaps I took it too casually but I only got 4 again with 180 on my last set. Tried it again and got 3. Just fatigued.

I think while I used the right groove and timing I failed to activate my upper back muscles as I initiated the press with the shoulders and just overloaded them. I deleted the video so I can't really see ( I was pissed) but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

The shoulders were Dominata and I forgot to balance it out with the back. So many damn things to think about in this lift! lol

But the first four sets were perfect, if in slow motion a bit because they felt so light!Set up felt great, grooves on all the reps were perfect and then when I hit 180 it got heavy and I lost the balanced focused.

First three reps were solid but fourth got out in front. Saved it  but it was a lot of work and it cost me. Actually thought I would get five on my sixth set but fatigue and too much shoulder isolation in the move said otherwise.

Plus didn't sleep well and pretty 'flat' overall

Press
65,85, 105 x 3
135 x 5
145 x 5
155 x 5
165 x 5
180 x 4
180 x 3

Kb Snatch
16 kg  5/5
24 kg x  5/5 x 5

felt fast and easy

Pistols
3 sets of 4/4

Laterals
15's x 10/10 x 3

BW 173
BF 14.1

Key Cues for the press

toes to unrack
then on heels
wait before press
tense upper back
shoulder drive
heels at sticking point

No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...