Wednesday, December 18, 2019

135-180 weight ladder 4x5 ,1x4!!! 20 kg kb snatch, laterals



I can't believe I missed this again! I really thought I was going to get it , even though I was pretty tired and a bit flat  for the training. The combo of the 100kg attempt and the ruck then 48kg swings and playing around on the chin bar yesterday ( and no, I still can't tolerate pullups! as evidence by my left levator scap, first rib and lat being jacked last night and today) should be enough of a reason and I was just a bit sore and tired.
Not great sleep last night because the lev scap too

But I can see from the video that I did NOT bring the bar low enough on the fifth rep and that loaded my tri's more than the delts and that's what pushed it forward!
BUT I now KNOW I have to get a great delt stretch before I press or my tri's will take over.

And that is food for much thought

Plus , the damn breathing. Five reps is just sucked for breath work. It's that more than anything else. Holding the breath doesn't work and when to breathe? and when you do you always lose some tension.

After I get the 180 for five I will come up with another strategy. Maybe multiple single with med weight ala wsb dl speed work. OR go to fours.

Press
65,85 105 x 3
135 x 5
145 x 5
155 x 5
165 x 5
180 x 4

20 kg snatch
5 x 5/5

good weight choice today

laterals
3 x 10/10 wth 15s

BW 174.6 !
BF 13.7
W 57.4

1 comment:

Adam Mundorf said...

I'm loving your Blog RIf. A diamond in the rough for sure. Wisdom through experience.

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...