Saturday, December 14, 2019

100 kg Press Attempt, 207.5 press x 1 x 5 PR,pistol practice, Decline pushups



Hell I almost got this on first sight! I actually thought I was going to then I ran out of air, shifted and lost the bar position! BUT very very very happy with this attempt! I was in the groove and all the technical changes I've made worked!

As I set back on my heels and tried to pre load the body I also consciously tried to load the anterior part of my body- create a "sling" of tension in the front of my body and it seemed to help me maintain my arch as well as help initiate the lift. Especially if I'm patient in the setup

Only this one attempt. I was satisfied that I had done my best and there was nothing to fix , plus I had more work to do sub max

SO I put 207.5 on the bar and did 5 almost freakin perfect singles!
You can really see the sling here



Press
65 85 105  x3
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 fast!
205 x 1 fast also!
220 x X
207.5 x 1 x 5 PR

Pistol practice
4 sets of 4/4
 got to start playing with letting go of hand support in bottom. it's time
as strong as ever

Decline Pushups
feet on 15" bench 30
feet on 21" bench 3 x 2 sets

these were good! the higher bench really nailed my upper pecs and that's right where I feel it at the sticking point and the lockout of the standing press.
Much less triceps but I can get that on  Wednesday


BW 173.4
BF 12.7
W 58.1

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...