Sunday, September 01, 2019

185 lb press-1x3,2x4,2x2,1x3, 24 kg speed swings, laterals



Was all over the place! should have been better but at least I got the two sets of four. Decided, during warmups to open my foot stance up a bit and it helped,  much more stable and that was good. Most of the issues getting the extra reps were from breath, running out of air.
the first set of three was really strong but belt was too tight and ran out of air. But groove was good
Second set four reps were very strong, loosened belt
third set barely got four, now I realize my elbows do not go up enough on rep sets and this cost me
Third and fourth sets of TWO! were that problem
Then just hit it right and got three on sixth set

I think I need to drop back to sets of three only BUT pause all reps. That will give me the first rep practice I need to do a heavy single.The techniques for touch and go rep sets are much different than a heavy single

This is the big takeaway from this workout. Next week 5 x 3 with all pauses. And pause all reps on Monday's light day too

24 kg speed swings
30 sets x 5
solid power
15 min
150 reps


Laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20's strong

BW 171.6
BF 13.3 !!

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...