Monday, September 09, 2019

135 lb press 6x5,pistol practice, parallel floor pushups, laterals



 I KNEW there was another piece of the puzzle and I thought it was about 'laying back' on the descent on these paused reps but it was earlier in the chain than that.
I realized that one thing I was doing wrong with rep set press was letting my elbows drop a bit on each rep and or the first max rep.
SO I decided to really focus on that; on swiveling my elbows up as I unracked the weight and on each rep prior to pressing.
But that's also's what caused all that bicep tendon grief on Saturday it seems and it started back up today with just light warmup weights

Then, I realized I had been down this road before last year when I was in the other rack and the problem was just that, leading with the elbows. SO I cut that shit right out and the rest of the sets went fine. Just a strong lack back and then press

The only thing harder than figuring something out is remembering to do it!

65, 85, 105 x 3
135 x 6 sets of 5 ( two single rep sets as false starts til I realized the technique problem)

Pistol Practice


3 sets of 3 like this above. these are feeling better all the time and I do like this front/stick self spotting.
First time doing this in the reeboks and they were perfect.

Parallel pushups on dbs on floor. close stance
35
35
30

whew! this COOKS my triceps and doesn't work my shoulders so much. PERFECT! The close hand space helps too. Wider on Wednesdays

Laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20's
strong! wrist better

BW 172.8
BF 14

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...