Saturday, September 21, 2019

Standing Press 205 x 0 x 3,20 kg speed swings, laterals

 I was hoping that this would be a good last workout before I leave for Croatia but it was just so so. Plus my right hip was yelling at me for who knows what reason and that worried me with such a big trip coming up.
Not sure why but the right hip flexor was super tight at the very top and I guess inhibiting the right glute which was feeling "pulled" for no reason even lying down! So the femur head wasn't centrated and I've never had to deal with that in myself much less on my strong side

Still didn't feel right as I warmed up but it kept feeling better the heavier I pressed and by the end it was back to normal.

I used the Innov8 shoes for the swing and a slightly wider stance

I think I have reached terminal Oly shoe use and athletic swing style and need to re include some barefoot training again and some work in a pure hinge style.And some flat foot squats (goblets)
What I did was necessary but now the physical balance has shifted too much I feel and I need to include more pure hamstring swings as well
Most of the issue is actually coming from the popiteus and not getting enough load on flat foot and the subsequent heel down knee lockout

So
Saturday
Press with Reebok shoe ( this is actually perfect for this but still have to adjust the technique with it)
Speed swings Barefoot ( vibrams toe shoes)  slightly wider stance and classic hinge style


Monday
Light press reebok shoe
pistols reebok shoe ( perfect for this as well)

Wednesday
Heavy swings Innov8 medium heel
Goblet squats Vibram toe shoes

Standing press
65,85, 105 x 3
135 x 3
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 ( solid groove but not particularly fast or light )
205 x 0 x 3 attempts

used the oly bar and that didn't seem to help surprisingly. Or a mistimed the 'whip" but I don't think that's it. Too distracted by the trip and the hip
135 x 14  one rep shy of pr tie of 15, thought a second about really grinding to get 16 but dropped the idea immediately. Just no oomph

Speed swings ( innov8s )
30 sets of 5 on the :30
hip was "there" just a wee bit but it warmed up well. wider stance and more hinge style but still athletic. didn't want to risk anything too new this close

laterals
3 x 10/10 15's

BW 170.5
BF 12.5
W 58.

wow that's light. that also did not help

took video but they got deleted by accident. nothing really to look at

ok ruck tomorrow and see how the hip does

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...