Monday, September 02, 2019

125 lb press practice/pauses,pistol practice, parallel floorpushups, laterals



Really good session today, learned lots and got to put them in practice right away. Presses were all paused, every rep of every set. Basically 25 singles in sets of five. I think this will be the way forward as getting better at the skill of heavy five rep sets does not seem to transfer well a single. Especially since I have the habit of fucking up my first reps, especially new pr weights, with stunning regularity.

We'll see how this pans out  with 185 on Saturdays but I think it will. Heavy sets of 3's and then onto multiple sets of singles. Lighter fives on Mondays

Get my new Reebok Legacy lifting shoes Wednesday and this have the highest heel/ heel-toe drop of any modern shoe, 22 mm which is a true 3/4 inch heel. I'm closer to half inch now and I think it will really help both my press and my swing positions but we will see

Press
65, 85,105 x 4 paused
125 x 5 x 5 all paused.

Pistol practice , concentric start
2 x 3/3
2 x 4/4

used stick in front support for help and balance and only needed one finger on each hand. these are really getting stronger!

Knuckle pushup 1 x 3 Yeow!!1 triceps
parallel pushups on DB handle 2 x 30

wow! wanted to move away from flat palm as it seems to really get my left pec tendon/bicep tendon going every time now and the parallel wt ones dont and MAN did these fry the tri's!! Just want I want and what I hoped for.

The knuckle version was ok but I think the DB one is safer for the bones of my hand. My tri's got cooked fast!

Laterals
3 x 10/10 with 15s

BW 171.6
BF 12.3  ?? !! wow!

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...