Monday, July 08, 2019

175 lb press 1x4,3x5,2x3 PR, 32 kg belt squats, floor pushup pr, laterals



This did not go well. Everything was off although I felt strong and ready. I just couldn't seem to really connect to the movement and everything felt disjointed. Allergies kicked in and breathing was hard, just what I needed for five rep sets!
First set was a disaster as far as breathing and technique and focus. Pretty much everything. I was lucky to get four. I just didn't get the breathing right and I was out of breath for rep five!

Pulled my head out of my ass on next three sets but they were all over the place. Pretty much pure strength, which is good, but strength won't get me to 225. I need the timing and the technique.

Body felt fine but I think I just need to warmup slower and more focused. More shoulder opening stretching and mobilization before I press

Upon watching the video I can see my elbows were NOT staying in and the bar was being pushed forward! Just sloppy. Strong but sloppy.
haven't had to worry about my elbows at all lately.

Press
65, 85,105 x 3
135 x 2 fast!
155 x 1 fast too!
175 x 4
       x 5 x 3 sets
       x 3 ( out of gas)
       x 3 perhaps the best set of the day

Yesterday's super strong ruck, while fun, did take something out of me I think, too

32 kg belt squats
3 x 20 non lockout Nice!

Floor pushups
3 x 50 PR tie!!!
this was very surprising!

tells me that mainly it was stabilizers that were fatigued

One arm laterals
20 lb x 3 x 8/8 really liking this version

bent laterals
3 x 6-8 with 20's

BW 172.6
BF 13.5

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...