Saturday, July 13, 2019

New Schedule Coming!



It finally dawned on me how crazy it is to have my most important workout of the week, my press practice, on the day I am most tired and beat up

When I was training for general recovery and rehab and then the swing tests it made perfect sense to have Saturday, which is always reserved for the most important workouts, as swing day.

But the swing is not my main focus now, nor is leg training for TKR rehab but conquering the standing press. And that means not doing it after a hellish swing day followed by an equally brutal heavy ruck then a hard Monday client load  and all in a fasted state!


Being able to have two full rest days prior to Saturday's presses will be heavenly! Then being able to devote my full attention to the mornings training AND train fully caffeinated will be great!

It certainly will take some getting used to but so be it. The time has come

Here's the schedule

Saturday
Standing press heavy
Speed swing VO2
laterals

Monday
Standing press light
Walking lunges
Floor pushups
laterals

Wednesday
Heavy One arm swings
Pistols
Wt pushups
laterals

this last day will be the biggest challenge- to see if I can keep the loads and intensity that I get on Sat on Wed but even if I can't so be it. I can't serve two masters and right now the press is number one

I'll start this next Saturday. The rest of this week will be as usual


No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...