Saturday, July 27, 2019

195 lb Press 5 sets of 1 PR, Quick& Dead swing test 28 kg swing series, laterals



Well this went stunningly well! Really could not have asked for a better workout. Exactly the weight I had hoped for and all the reps went as desired. And singles are much different than reps, as I found out at the end

Press
65, 85, 105 x 3
135 x 3
155 x 1
175 x 1 fast!
185 x 1 strong!
195 x 1 x  5 sets PR
  the above video is the second set , third was better, and fourth was out in front a bit but I pulled it right in and it barely stalled! that was strong
180 x X pushed too fast and it ended up in front
180 x 1 + miss ( groove totally off for reps)
180 x 3 Pr  ( I was hoping for five actually and if I hadn't messed up the first two attempt might have got it


EDIT:
Forgot this amazing breakthrough on bar position in the rack: THE HIGHER ON MY CLAVICLE THE BETTER! It makes a huge difference the last two workouts. Sets up a lot of thing that I don't have to consciously do anymore. Just can't be on the throat but right below. I think it also help me get to the layback position more easily as the bar's center of mass is now higher  and almost forces me to lay back- but not too much or I'll feel loss of balance starting. You can see it in the video. I layback and almost lock in at the start

The key to getting the right position is screwing that bar into the clavicle just prior to the un racking. Pull it in, set it in from upper back tightness then swing under the bar and UP.The bar's in the right position.

Also, and I did NOT do this Saturday, is to aim for the high position as I descent from overhead. I THINK that will negate having to over control the mechanics of lowering ( i.e. move from the shoulder first and then the bar, etc)

We'll see tomorrow but forgot to put this in yesterday


Quick and the Dead swing test
32 kg
left( non dominant arm)
19 reps in 30 seconds with almost no loss of power


right dominant arm


This was hard but I was VERY happy with the power output speed of each rep as well as height of each rep on the test.the bell felt very light and moved great.

5/4 series ( two)
28 kg
5 reps every 30 seconds for 4 sets right arm
one minute rest
5 reps every 30 seconds for 4 sets left arm
repeat twice
40 total reps

the test took something out of me! I could have used the 32 but did not want to
One thing this tells me is that my current training has worked very very well for power and strength production

laterals
2 sets of 10/10 15s

BW 173
BF 13.7
W 57.3

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...