Wednesday, July 03, 2019

20 kg Speed swings 34 x 8, 127 lb press 5x5 pauses,walking lunges, laterals

Happy Independence Day!


This went well and I felt surprisingly strong and conditioned. Power output good on all sets. What a difference from Monday.

Speed swings
20 kg x 34 x 8
272 reps
11,986 lbs moved
RPE 7

I think this staggered cycle is working well

Standing press
127 x 5 x 5
last thee sets all reps paused. Groove felt great if not a little upper body tired

Walking lunges
3 laps of 40

laterals
3 x 8/8 with 15s

BW 173.8!!!
BF 13.7

so weird, seems directly tired to upper body volume , as soon as I get into heavy 5x5 my bodyweight goes up and when I get into a few weeks of singles it drops a bit. I'll check it more closely but that's my feeling



No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...