Monday, November 05, 2007

Shoulders

Man today was shoulder intensive. I thought mixing the cb swings with the presses would even out the combo but the whole scapulo thoracic area was nice and juicy after todays training. Still another push press day; dont feel I got the timing the way I wanted it last week so I will stay here for awhile before I move back to jerks.Havent done much with the 24 so today should be interesting.

Nice to get an extra hour of sleep today as well. My first client was out do it was like a vacation day.BUt I got in early to take advantage and do a full body z session as well as get on the floor and roll around.

6 am
40 min z drills
15 min rifga

1:30 pm

pushpress( barefoot)
16kgx10/10x2
20kgx5/5x2

24kgx15l rest 45 sec 15 r
12 l rest 45 sec 12 r
10l rest 45 sec 10 r
72 total reps
16kgx30 l rest 45 30 r

these felt great. wanted to concentrate on one arm at a time for best coordination and power.havent done over ten with the 24's before I dont think so it was good. the 30 rep sets were done with no rest in the rack ( but locked out), almost like a thruster. felt good.

Clubell circuit 10 reps per move
rock-its
pendulum swings
torch swings
arm casts
2 rounds
wow. was planning on doing two more exericses in the circuit but this kicked my ass.

Swipes with 2 10#
2x15 reps
Torch swings
2x15 reps
Pendulum to flag press 2 10's
3x10
Shield casts 5#s
3x10 each side
1x10 each side with 10#
Two handed shield casts
2x10 each direction 10#sx2

I was hoping to blend more of these moves together into a gpp type, hi rep circuit but I still need more practice work.plus, this stuff is HARD on the grip in a very unique way. much different than kbs or bb stuff. LOTS of wrist, not just forearm.

more z and floor work after dinner.

datsit.staying loose.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...