Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Back to basics:Max Vo2 day

Seems like I havent done this workout in years but it's only been two weeks.Got nailed yesterday with a really bad allergy attack which kicked my ass all day. I used to have bad allergies years ago but havent had any problems at all for 10 + years. Very weird. Nothing worked but the claritan wacked my out enough to make me worry about today. No problems. 35 sets of 7 reps and 5 sets of 8 and form felt great. As did my shoulder.Good times.

Snatch
16 kg
35 sets of 7 reps every 15 sec
5 set sof 8 reps
40 sets
285 reps
10,260 lbs

teshnik was solid with longer than normal overhead holds which soaked up all the 15 seconds of work.Really getting the timing of the descent down now so the bell path is closer but still goes over the top.This will be the everyweek wednesday workout for awhile now with ssst snatch work with either the 20 or 24 kg on mondays. Did it before only the opposite order, should be fine.
Snatch holds
16kg x40 sec x 3 sets

been awhile since I've done these too. time to go back.

Barbarian Cast/flag
10lbsx10 reps each side
15x10 reps each side x4 sets
need to get aheavier cb for these. 25 probably. like the two handed circular work a lot.

Shield casts
10lbs x10 each side x 3 sets
15lbs x6 each side x 2 sets
these were hard. choke to mid club.still appreciably harder the 10s with no choke.

Rack walk
16kgx1200 feet hand switch every 200 feet.
not bad but feeling mondays impact a bit on the fibula. much of my left leg pain comes from the left calf and ankle, not just the joint itself.When joints dont fully bend their normal amount, the tissue surrounding it really locks up and this causes all kinds of issues. Especially when it's cold and you're old,lol.Back to the floor.

BW 160.8
BF 8.8%
Water 60.5%

will adapt.didnt get enough floor time today and it was COLD in the studio for me. Everybody's swinigng so they are warm; I'm just standing there freezing! At a buck sixty there ain't a lot of insulation left :))

datsit.time to eat.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...