Saturday, August 04, 2007

24 kg snatches

The maxvo2 training is really paying off in my snatch form and today's workout went better than I had even hoped. My right shoulder was not sitting perfectly and I wondered how well it warm up. Stick slides, scap pulls with band and overhead stick stretches really opened things up.I carry tons of tightness in the forearm flexors and it can effect my right biceps tendon amazingly. So I have to get the forearms opened so the elbow sits right so the shoulder works.No problem,lol!
AS seems to be the case these days once I get going things seem to sit into place and even the warmup snatches felt great.

Snatch
16 kg x5/5x2
20 kg x5/5x2

24 kg x7/7 x 8 sets
112 reps
5936 lbs.

These went so much better than expected and just flew up. the groove seemed very solid and I could have done many more sets. excellent. did lots of stick slides and shoulder in extension stretches between sets.

One arm swings 32 kg
32kgx10/10
x11/11
x12/12 x2
132 reps
9504 lbs

wanted to do more but I was cooked and hip drive started to slow down. These are so much harder as the second exercise, lol.

Snatch holds
24 kg x 65 sec
x 60 sec
x60 sec

these were tough as well although the position just keeps getting better. Wednesdays 300 swings were still in there a bit although groove and power was solid. Just a little fatigued in overall endurance but no worries.

datsit. stay loose.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Way to go Rif with the 24kg snatches!!!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, they are finally coming back up.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...