Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ah, sweetness.

For every down there is an up and today was it.As hard as Wednesday was today was that strong and solid. What a difference such a smal change in stance and technique does!

One arm swings
16 kgx5/5x3
24kgx5/5x3( a bit tight this am)

32kgx5/5/5/5 x11 sets
220 reps
15,840 pounds.

Man these were strong! Definitely some of the best swings I have ever done.setting up flat on my feet and really establishing my base and root mades a huge difference. The rest of the mechanics just fell in line and I knew when I was onto something when Nick starting commenting that my hip snap looked good right from the first set. Usually I am always telling him "wait a few sets dude, I'm not warmed up yet".
Also worked hard on keeping the bell in the hook grip and not holding it so deep in the palm, which I am want to do when it gets heavy.This makes the forearm relax more and my elbow stays straightet, which my shoulder appreciates.

H2H Transfer swings
24 kg x
60 reps
40
35
135 reps
7155 lbs

355 reps
total tonnage 22,995!


now that stung a bit. the 6o rep set was just tough after all those two pood swings,although the mechanics stayed solid the entire time, as well as force production and bell speed.

Snatch Holds
24 kgx
65 sec
60 sec

dats it, I'm tired.

heres some video of Nick second week of his box squat cycle.He needs a little more weight to get to the box it seems but it sure moves well.

6 comments:

Geoff Neupert said...

We all need good sessions now and then. Glad yours was "sweet" today.

Why's Nick have a hard time touching the box? Squat suit too tight?

Royce said...

Damn Rif! Nice one. Almost a 20 ton day without the acceleration forces.
And I bet that set of 60 did sting after 220 swings with the 2 pood.

Royce said...

DO'OH I added the first tonnage and the second together I'm an airhead sometimes....

Mark Reifkind said...

geoff,

lol, yes, it's an old single ply but he has put on some weight on the hips and thighs via lots of kb swings and snatches(he's going to the san jose cert) and it was just too tight. needs more weight.

Mark Reifkind said...

no worries royce, you cant trust me with numbers either. tracy can do the 20 ton workouts,not me,lol.

Royce said...

When you posted about not being able the count when you couldn't breath I was dying. I totally loose track of everything when I'm winded.

205, 215, 217.5,205 x 1 x 6, 190 x 1 x 3, laterals, rear delts bw pushups

 Well this went great. not perfect but the basic premise worked and I'm happy. I was not optimistic at all about this at all given recen...