Monday, February 08, 2021

Press revelations! 205-220 press day, Clubbell arm cast and laterals

 What a freaking day! Talk about up and down and all over the place. But the best thing is is that it ended up on THE up note I needed and filled in just another piece of the press puzzle.

Here's how it went:

warmups went great, really focused on setting and loading the bow, spotting the X, pressing back to my face and driving the hips pretty much immediately after. All went well even through 205 , which was steady but not flying

then 215 miss ! Ack~!

fuck! was really trying to get it back to face but elbows flaired and bar stalled.
Then I got pissed and made it, not sure exactly what I changed. But it moved well

Then up to 220 for another miss, then another, then another! all the same way.flying off chest but elbows flairing and not sure why
gave up and went back to 205 which I nailed two sets of and then had a revelation: I WASN'T KEEPING MY ELBOWS IN AND UP. So I changed it and this happened
This went so well and I didn't want to wait another week to test it so I put 220 on bar again,This is after 10 sets at 205 or heavier! and IT WORKED!!
Not a great lockout but after 10 sets of 90% plus I knew I was onto something
Freakin' hell I'm happy!
Back to 205 for 2 more sets done perfectly
SO:
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1
205 x 1
215 x Miss
215 x 1
220 x Miss x 3
205 x 1 x 2
220 x 1
205 x 1

10 attempts at 205 and above

So setting the bow is right, and spotting X is right and driving press to face is right but I have to have the elbows in and I don't even have to think about pressing to face, it's almost automatic given the angle of my forearms and the bar placement on my collarbone

Decided to give rep pushups a break and added in clubbell arm casts, this felt right immediately
Weighted pushups will stay on Wednesday. The high reps were getting to me after all this time and didn't feel like much of a transfer, and I don't really need more pec and upper body  size

Hope my wrists hold up. I think just staying with double arms, and only arm cast should help
15's x 5/5
20s x 8/8
25 x 8/8

One arm laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20
Bent lateral
3 x 8 with  20

BW 176.00
BF 13.8

great day I really think this is it.



1 comment:

Tjabez said...

Interesting thoughts.

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...