Saturday, February 13, 2021

40 kg One arm swings 10 x 10/10, pistols, laterals

 

The Punisher workout punished me today. Or, I should say I did it to myself. This workload has been getting better each time the last few months but today, with the experimental change in technique it really kicked my ass

I even skipped a rep. First time ever. But there was no point. it was rep 10 on the second arm on the 8th set and I was cooked.

I used the same technique I used Wednesday, basically leading with the bell and staying completely on mid foot at the top( not sitting back on the heel). the upshot was a MUCH faster  swing rep and way more speed on descent and less time to " enjoy the float" even though bell height was better

But I could really feel it getting tough at 5 sets in ( this video ) and then the bear jumped on my back for the last sets

For set 9 I went back to usual technique and got the feedback the reps with smoother, which I believe, but I think the power was less

One set ten I used hybrid style: right arm new technique, left side old technique and it felt  "interesting"

Here's todays set:

and here's last months set

Haha, the thumbnail caught it at the exact same spot.

I looked at rep 7 on the left hand and today's rep was MUCH higher than last month but I think the old position is probably  safer although sets of 20 is it's own thing

One arm swings
10 sets of 10/10 40 kg
200 reps
17,600 lbs

Pistol practice
concentric only alternating legs
3 sets of 4/4

this was hard, legs were toast and jelly

laterals/bent laterals
3 x 10/10 with 15s

BW 175.2 !! wow
BF 13.2

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...