Saturday, February 06, 2021

32 kg One Arm Swing 10 x 8/8 deload, pistol practice , laterals

 

Really solid workout. As usual I think it's going to be easier than it is and, for a moment, contemplate upping the reps, but as soon as I start I realize ; " this is going to be plenty'  ,lol

And it is. Always is.

The deal is that is just heavy enough, and, just light enough, to really drive the power outage up, which makes the bell feel much heavier effect on the total body system. 

Another thing I played with was staying specifically on the mid foot even at the lockout , which gives me a more 'hollow" body position, as opposed to a weight on the heels, standing plank lockout. It's not as pretty at  the top but man the bell speed is way faster! I've done this before and it was the same then.

As I sit back on my heels at the top and lock down the bell always slows down, which can be good with the  heavier bells but for power really concentrating on letting that bell fly is key. the speed on the video is faster than usual and bell height is better too

This is from last month and a good example. I stay more 'tall' and really get  back more on the heels. Certainly a good swing but I think today's form was definitely more powerful, and , I should say , much more natural for me

https://youtu.be/w-NMOklnX5M

32 kg One arm swings

10 sets of 8/8

Pistol Practice

concentric only bottoms up

2 x 4/4
1 x 5/5

this worked very well and much better than last week, the first time in quite awhile

Laterals/rear delts
3 x 10/10 with 15s

BW 175.6 !! ( shocking actually, not trying)
BF 13.1
W 57.7 ( bath)


No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...