Monday, February 01, 2021

215 lb Press, 225 lb miss, floor pushups, one arm laterals

 I'm surprised I missed the 225 ( three times no less) after feeling so solid with 205 and 215 but it also revealed the real key component in these max effort lifts, as well as what I've been doing wrong all this time when I miss

The setup was good but from the video I can see I wasn't as locked in as I thought I was, there was still some movement wobblies right before the start. But mainly I didn't get the second hip drive after the initial launch and that's why it stalled.

I had good  but not not great Bow, and a solid push back to my face but then I failed to re get my hips under the bar and this was the result. Good less. Plus I need to really work on maxing out the bow tension from my hips, not just the body shape- i.e just pushing my hips forward a bit isn't enough I have to really  create some stretch tension in the bow

warmups felt great, 
135 x 2
155 x 1 fast!
175 x 1 perfect line
195 x 1 best speed ever
205 x 1


215 x 1 - decent but I can see I didn't set the bow tight enough and while I get the second hip drive it wasn't strong enough and that's why the bar ended up too vertical ( almost forward) instead of sliding into easy lockout


then the three misses at 225. Im pretty shocked I missed as the bar felt solid and not heavy in the rack position too and I was confident, not scared. Just goes to show how delicate that line is. Just a little bit off and it's a no-go. Can't shoulder muscle 225 :)

then 205 for 4 singles. this is the last one. really solid double hip drive
Floor pushups
2 sets of 61
1 set of 50 ( barely!) 

these were strong and using the scaps in the bottom to shock absorb makes a huge difference but all the heavy attempt wore me out a bit

One arm laterals
3 x 8/8 20s
bent laterals
3 x 8 20s

BW 177.6
BF 14.5

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...