Thursday, February 25, 2021

Another fast and easy ruck



 The worm has turned and it seems my legs have remembered, after 40 years off training, how to move easily and long again. It's pretty freaking glorious to me. I thought, for quite awhile now, that it might never happen. That my rucks would be basically a hard fought slog; walking in knee  high water or occasionally mud. But lately that's changed and it seemed to coincide with lightening the ruck 5 pounds from 50 to 45 lbs

But I think it's more than that and the last 8 years of weekly rucks have finally gotten past the 25 year of pretty much NO aerobic cyclic leg work.

The thursday ruck is the tell. I would fairly regularly have decent Sunday rucks but almost never on Thursdays. I think this is the third or forth week in a row and wearing the Topo trainers all day to stretch out my calves is a game change as well as regards my tight shin issues.

Passive correctives for the win.

45 lb ruck

6 laps in 48min ( not counting another 1/2 mile to and from the park)

3 miles

8021 steps

BW 175.8
BF 13..9

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...