Monday, February 22, 2021

215 lb press, 220 misses, rib injury

 What a day this was. I was going to say clusterfuck but it turned out much better than I thought it would going in but then re turned to shit literally at the very end

The rib hurt turning over in bed last night and then when doing back over ball stretches this morning, which was not good. I stretched a lot and was feeling at most at max shoulder flexion in the stretches, but the press movement felt ok. Definitely did something to the rib tho, no pretending that.

Just realized I didn't explain that I popped a rib yesterday morning before my ruck leaning into and ON the recycling bin and the edge became a fulcrum on my rib and popped it

While it hurt like at hell at first I didn't feel it at all during the ruck was was a glorious walk. But as I wrote I felt it a bit last night and then this morning. SUCH A STUPID FREAKIN' INJURY~
and rib shit lasts and lasts usually


And all kinds of house/life chaos this morning and it was not the strongest mind set going in. But it went pretty well all things considered.

Warmups went surprisingly normal. Except for a slight pressure on the left side of the rib cartilage where it originates near  the sternum it was ok. I was just looking to make sure the pressure didn't increase as things progressed. And they didn't

Press

65 85 105 x 2
135 x 1
155 x 1
175 x 1 fast!
195 x 1 solid too
205 x 1 good but a little loose but rib was no problem

215 x 1 rough but got finished

Looking at the video now I realize I accomplished what I was trying to do going in - shift my weight forward  of the bar after the unracking but what I didn't realize is that I have to move my pelvis not just my total body

WITHOUT laying back ( that causes the bar to go forward). So there wasn't enough tension but it was close
200x Miss x 3 attempts

It was clear to me even during the misses that my elbows were dropping right before I pressed and I couldn't keep them up enough even know I needed to
My body was guarding my ribs I'm sure. Even though elbows up didn't seem to hurt them
 
Then 205 x 1 x 4 singles that rocked

then floor pushups and where things went bad
set on 50 reps. absolutely ZERO feel on the rib

Then the LAST rep of the 50 and I went a bit too low and felt a little, VERY little pop and knew it wasn't good

Sure enough what was one spot was now a nice wrap around ache through that whole rib!
FUCK!

Even air swings hurt,
Just moving my left arm hut

but two hours later I could lay pain free in bed and while it still isn't right it much better than two hours ago.

This may take a while but at least the press doesn't hurt :)

BW 176.6
BF 14.5


No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...