Monday, February 15, 2021

215lb press x 1 x 4 sets, 205 x 1 x 3 sets, floor pushups one arm laterals

     This went well, at the end. Started great, got a little rough, got it figured it out then smooth sailing.

All the cues and corrections from last week worked great; I just ended up pushing the bar back a little TOO far to the face and had to make a correction. But I've never done 4 singles with 215 before, although it took me seven sets to do it.

Warmups and first 205 went great


then onto 215 and made it but a bit rough


I thought that if I pushed the bar back to my face the second hip drive would automatically happen and it didn't. After this sets I missed the next one then made the third

this was the second miss. At the time I had no idea what I did wrong, but now, looking at the video I can see that instead of loading my  hips forwards I arched back, the bar dropped and I ended up pushing fwd



then made the next two. I lost one forward and two going too far back
On my first make at 215 I notice I shifted my weight back on the unracking and then had to reclaim the middle position, I think this threw me back enough to put the bar a tad out front
On the third set I unracked it straight up which is important it seems

The elbows up on the unrack worked

Then shifting hips forward worked

Pushing to face works if after launch ( which as FLYING, even the misses) I re drive the hips instead of trying to keep using my arms

then 4 single with 205 which flew

Very happy with this. Next week 220 for three singles then 225 with two plates for my Birthday challenge workout

floor pushups
3 x 50 
this was tough but do able. just going to keep this set workload until ( if) it ever gets too easy

One arm laterals
3 x10/10 wt 20
bent laterals
3 x 10 with 20

BW ( noon)
177.8
BF 11.2 !!
W 59.2 ( bath)

am wt was 177.2


No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...