Saturday, November 30, 2019

215x X twice,205 x 1 x 3 Press, pistol practice, floor pushups 3x 56 pr



SO CLOSE! More experiments with the warmup and technique, for the upper body held, but lost heel drive and more importantly think I really figured out what is wrong with my start

Felt VERY VERY good on warmups. Groove felt perfect up to 195 which was  easily the best rep with it I have ever done. Nice straight line and fast. Jumped right to 205 which I fast started and pushed forward. Didn't fight it at all as I wanted to say it for the 215

Felt confident and jumped right to 215 anyway. Pretty much the same as in the above video but not as good. Still fast started the start and it got wobbly. Way too much emphasis on the press and not the heels and that's where the wobble came from. Fixed one problem and created another. BUT this is the first time I did fix that push forward problem with 215.

then down to 205 for 3 singles


I have been trying to get some kind of momentum at the start and this is what is throwing my timing off and making me push the bar forward. And, the heavier it is the more anxious I am to get some speed and that just makes it worse.

On the first two sets with 205 I  unracked it, got back on my heels and -waited- just a bit before pressing. This really seemed to help except this above rep which just showed my fatigue.
But lesson learned.

Press
65. 85,105 x 3
155 x 1
175 x 1
185 x 1
195 x 1 FAST!
205 x X
215 x X x 2
205 x 1 x 3

Pistol Practice
4 sets of 5/5 ( starting from the top down now, no concentric start)
 still one pinky self spot. Have to think on this more how to transition

Floor pushups
3 x 56  PR!!

wouldn't not have bet I could get two sets much less three. Don't know where that came from except my ability to just get in happy place and let the stretch reflex do the work is much improved.

BW 173.6
BF 12.8 ( post bath)

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...