Thursday, August 01, 2019

Hard,hot, fast ruck



 My Sunday ruck will be easier because of the schedule change, however Thursdays will be tougher because of it and today was no exception.
The 44 kg swings took a nice toll on the legs and hips, in a good way, but a way nonetheless and it was a slow start.
Plus it was super hot again and I've slept like shit for the last two night. This really made the first 30 min ugly but then things relaxed once I got a good sweat going ( as it used to be when running; the first thirty minutes always sucked ) things got much easier
Even pulled off a decent last lap of 6:56 which I did not think at all I could do. So that was nice
My regular daily lap speed has increased according to my wife. Makes sense if I  could pull off off a sub 7 min lap at the end of today

48 lb Ruck
6 laps
55 min last lap : 6:56
RPE 9.5

BW 173.2
BF 14.3 !!

Need sleep!

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...