Sunday, August 18, 2019

Dead calves ruck

Man this was tough. My calves were tight as a drum for the first hour! I had to stop and rest and shake them out way more than I wanted to. Could it be the new lifting shoes with a slightly ( 1/8" 0 lower heel? Makes no sense but man they were tight.
Everything else felt great but I wasn't sure they were going to loosen up!

They finally did an hour into the ruck, then things got much better
 Wasn't even thinking of a timed last lap but by the end of the ruck I felt loose enough to go for it. Didn't break 7 min but close enough and considering how things started it was excellent

48 lb ruck
12 laps
11 squat stretches
2:00 even
last lap = 7:02
RPE 10/8

BW 172.8
BF 13.9

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...