Saturday, August 03, 2019

200 lb press x 1 x 5 sets PR. 20 kg speed swings 30 sets,laterals



Another very very solid press day. And another important piece of the puzzled solved. The weight felt light, but I missed a few starts, first set went way out in front,  , did it right over with no rest, and this one above, the second set was also pushed forward at the sticking point because I thought that the arch was enough and then I just had to push UP.
NO
I have to push BACK right from the start.
The fourth and fifth sets were perfect
Smooth and fast from start to lockout. Without a doubt the best reps I have ever done with a heavy weight. But it was after I realized I had to push it back right from the start to have that nice straight line; that made all the difference

Press
65,85, 105 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1 fast!
190 x 1 FAST another perfect rep
200 x miss, then immediate x 1 got right out in front
       x 1 video above, just a slight push forward at exactly the wrong time
       x 1 long grind! pushed forward !
       x 1 x 2 PERFECT this is the setup and start!
Big pr

I just did this weight ONCE for the first time this last April

Speed swings 20 kg
5 reps every 30 second
30 sets
150 reps
15 min
6600 lbs
 felt great! perfect power output each rep and just enough winding to make it feel like cardio especially at the end

Laterals
3 x 10/10 with 15's

BW 172
BF 14.5



No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...