Monday, April 06, 2015

80lb Military press 5x5, barbell hacks, floor pushup, hip sled



Weird one today. Was uber tired all day though I really took it easy yesterday and got good sleep. My shoulder was good at the start but had  a solid stretchout both upper and lower and somehow it got out of place again.

At the start of the workout I could barely press the stick but the heavier it got the better it felt. I must have knocked it back in :) 3 hours later it feels good again. That's life with super lax joints and decent muscle mass/

Military Press
stick x million
45 x 5 x 2
65 x 5
75 x 5
80 x 5 x 5

took a bit but it warmed up well, especially at the end. really focused on keeping the glutes tight as possible and this made the bar go up easier. I also felt and look more upright than I have in the past. Plus the bar got closer to my  chest earlier and easier than before. All good signs. You have to pay attention to the details.

Barbell Hacks
55 x 12
75 x 15 x 4

these were solid and the new boots felt excellent. slowly breaking in.

Floor pushups
15, 15, 15, 14

very good progress here. I stop when the shoulder ( left of all things!) starts to clunk, If it didn't I feel like I could pushup forever
But it starts later and later all the time. that means it's not only getting stronger but more stable at the same time

Hip sled
105 x 250 x 3 laps

legs are done.

started like shit ended like dessert. I'll take that versus the other way around

datsit
neverquit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...