Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Swings, presses,swings and some new stuff

In keeping with the bit of sanity I have gotten lately I remembered not to train too hard or too heavy today as we have the Tempe HKC this weekend and I have a lot of training to go through on Saturday, not to mention travel, which is always hard on this delicate flower.

Tracy and I are training even earlier on tuesdays now so I get to start my workout at the beginning of the workday instead of the end. Much better but it requires even more warming up for these old bones. SO even though the gist of the training today was due to be presses I started with swings instead.

Oh yes,I also got a full hour of flexiblity and mobility work in from 6-7 am as Tracy led her swing classes. I actually got both shoulders to the floor in my Bretzell today for the first time! Crazy fast changes. Love this move.

Swings
16kgx5/5/5/5x 3
20 kgx5/5/5/5
24 kgx5/5
28 kgx5/5
32 kgx5/5

it took a bit but I actually did get warmer,lol.

Press( short cycle, one clean then all the reps)
16kgx5/5
20kgx5/5
24 kg x5/5x 5 sets

these were so easy I can't beleive it. Felt exactly as I wanted and they flew up. Tried not to use too much lat in the start as they are still sore from all the snatches on saturday. Guess I am using my lats correctly in my max vo2 work.

Stability ball pushups
5,6,7,8,8

wanted to do something unstable to make it a bit harder instead of adding weight. Haven't donethese in years and it felt great to play with them again. SO nice to be able to push again without my shoulders yelling at me.

Clubbell Shield Casts
10 lbs x 10/10, 12/12, 14/14 16/16

Swings

back to the swing for some more volume
24 kg x 5/5
6/6
7/7
8/8
9/9
10/10

these felt great and I was finally fully warm and wanted to do much more but I knew I shouldn't .So I did some other stuff I shouldn't do instead,lol. Hanging leg raises?

Hanging leg raises

man it just KILLS me to not be able to do SO many things I did so easily for most of my life. Hanging leg raises were nothing for me and watching so many struggle with them at the Level 2 cert just brought back the memories of how good I was at them before all this back stuff reared it ugly head and i quit doing any ab exercise at all. But of course since things are going well I decided to test it a bit. Ijust did two sets and they were as easy as I remember:

Tactical pullups
2,3,3,3

I was on a stupid roll so why not. Its bad when clients cancel and I have too much time on my hands. these were easy too.

more bretzells, straddle stretches and such

datsit.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...