Monday, March 08, 2010

Pressing my luck

since I had a two hour break early this am I decided to split up tomorrows workout and do the press section today. This will be the case these next two weeks as I have a lot of clients traveling and lots of holes in my schedule.Perfect time to up the training loads, carefully of course, and more but shorter workouts.

I survived saturdays swings and pushups pretty well and today decided to beat the delayed onset muscle soreness to the punch by hitting the same muscles again.I havent trained heavy this early eons but I stretched out for 30 minutes first doing:

bretzels
straddle stretch work
standing lunge work
squat stretches
hanging from pullup bar
stick shoulder stretches

then:

Clean and press( one clean per press)
16 kgx5/5 x2
20 kg x4/4x2
24 kgx3/3

28 kgx3/3
x2/2
x1/1


these felt great, even this early. I have seemed to have worked out my kb press groove and even my right side felt solid and smooth. could have easily gone heavier but didnt want to press my luck too much on too many fronts.

Tactical pullups ( these were alternated,set for set , with the presses)
6 sets of 2
)

was pretty sore from these on saturday but every set felt better.I am getting my groove on gthse very quickly.

kb front lever and pullover
this is a new move I learned at the Level 2 and I add my own twist( the pullover)into the mix. I love it! Here's a short video I made



Crooked arm bar

18 lbs x 4 sets of ??


this is another great corrective drill I got from Brett and Jeff at the cert. This is,along with the bretzel going to really improve my right side t spine mobility.

heavy stacked swings tomorrow, can't wait.ohyeah, bodyweight was 158.8 this am. combining more muscle work, more protein, more feedings and voila' muscle mass and weight goes up. go figure.

datsit

5 comments:

Diana said...

I like that new move-great for us women and our ever "sagging" upper arms! lol
Tell Tracy she can add to my plan any time!

Mark Reifkind said...

diana

its great but it's tougher than it looks.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Sweets,

I love seeing those "gymnast's pointed toes"

The beefy bodyweight is an extra bonus! 158 first thing in the morning! Goodness.....and I do mean GOOD-ness, lol!

Great video BTW

Mark Reifkind said...

I love you :))

Mike Perry said...

love it, just tried it. I have done a s-arm variation as well. Thx for the post Rif

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...