Thursday, August 11, 2005

Asymmetrical, unilateral training

Yesterday I did windmills with my left arm only.For my right arm I did one arm spear press( open grip). But I did these standing on my left leg. Very difficult with the weight offset to the non supported side.

What I felt these did was further strengthen my weaker left leg/hip as well as the full flexion and static strength of my right arm.Just doing the left arm windmills is helping develop the left hip but the right shoulder needs something specific as well. I held the top lockout position for one to two seconds before lowering.

I could really feel how the bosu training has been helping my left leg. I had much better rooting as I pressed. This left leg supported, right arm overhead position is the vertical version of the right arm/left leg superman I do on the stability ball, to activate my left hip and right erector. this is going to help a lot I think.

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...